Welcome to Smart Starts in the Arts
A Smart Start in your Child's Early Education by Dr. Judith Peck
The perfect gift for a busy new mom and dad.
Practical ways to promote intelligence and joyful interactions.
This easy-to-read book covers ways for parents and teachers to bring the best of early child care into everyday routines.
- Information on baby’s brain development
- Language development
- Birth, nursing, feeding and ways to turn tears into smiles
- Play that stimulates creativity and learning
- How to turn conflicts into resolutions
- Guidance to TV watching and travel
- Bringing art into daily routines with drawing, painting and song.
Dr. Judith Peck
is professor of art emerita, Ramapo College of New Jersey. She is author of seven books on art techniques for adults, youth and teachers; and two picture books for children. Peck is referenced in Who's Who in American Art; the World's Who's Who of Women; and the Smithsonian Institute's publication, "Designing Public Art," published in conjunction with The National Museum of American Art. Her sculpture is included in over 80 collections.
P.S: Dr. Peck raised four smart kids; (graduates of Harvard, Yale, Stanford Medical School, and The London School of Economics), now living productive and happy lives.